Thursday, January 14, 2010

The gap in the kitchen just needed something

One corner of the kitchen just seemed to be missing something ... I was thinking of what decals I might use ... some flowers? something pretty? ... found a better solution ...

Isn't it just the perfect gap filler?!?!? And it is also useful ;-) ... first recipe I tried it out, no point starting off easy, fresh strawberry puree marshmallows!!! (and in the photo above you can just get your first look at the new kitchen draw fronts and handles ... just a coat of paint on the corbels and then I'll take the final AFTER photos of the kitchen!!!).


I've tried making mashmallows before and they always end up a bit rubbery, as the little hand held beater starts to smoke (oops!) after only about 5 minutes and the recipe wants 8-10 minutes of beating. Stick the mix in the kitchenaid, put it on high for 10 minutes ... beautiful fluffy gorgeous marshmallows! I'd love to make a cake next but not sure about timings tomorrow (might be picking up a new horse!) ... though the carpenter will be back and the electricians are around.

Talking of electricians ... below is an electricians idea of a joke ...
Yup, anyone over 7ft can not enter my house, or they'll risk losing their head!!! Silly shop told me I had to buy an extended pole for the fan so it wouldn't be too high because of my ceilings ... the electrician installed it as a bit of a joke ... they knew I wouldn't want it at that height, but just wanted to make sure ;-) ... sure ... course I want to lose my fingers if I put them up in the air :-)

It will be getting raised tomorrow!!

I've spoken with the builder ... he wants to do the final inspection next week ... of course there will still be faults after that ... but sooooooooooooo exciting it is so nearly over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment