Monday, June 15, 2009

Ensuite frames and diggings

When speaking with the builder last week, he said that the frames for the ensuite were done, just waiting on that #&^%# building permit. Well ... I'd looked at the frames out on the lawn and there weren't any new ones ... so I figured maybe there was a bit of miscommunication. On the weekend (in actual daylight!) I found them!!! In the garage!!
People keep asking me if the old part of the house is being restumped ... this photo might explain why it isn't being restumped - because there aren't any stumps to start with!!! To the left of new piece of concrete the builders have put in, is an old piece of wood; then on the right are the bricks the house is resting on ... not much clearance under there!Here's the outline of the ensuite ... just waiting on concrete /plumbing etc! Maybe this week?
Below is my present to myself (not that a major house renovation and new kitchen aren't present enough!) ... I saw it at a garden shop near Castlemaine on the weekend. Many years ago I visited the same shop and saw a weathervane I LOVED ... I didn't buy it ... and I have regretted it ever since (of course, I've never seen anything like it again!). I dropped in on my way to Castlemaine, saw this gorgeous thing and thought "no, I shouldn't buy anything until the house is closer to completion" ... got to Castlemaine (yay, found handles for my ensuite vanity) and remembered the years of regret over the last thing I loved from there ... so on the way home I bought it!!
It is made out of a recycled oil drum - from Haiti ... yet to decide where it will live ... was considering in the kitchen over the oven mantle ... or maybe in the outside courtyard ... ????

No comments:

Post a Comment