Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Long weekends can be so unpleasant!

I'm quite glad the long weekend is over ... I couldn't take more stress! The most exciting part was having smoke coming out of the hot water heater ... I think it's dead. I knew it was old (over 20 yrs) but was hoping it would last for at least one move during the building process. I'd resigned myself to thinking that there was a fair chance I'd have to buy a new one with the new extension ... but it wasn't supposed to blow up before they've even knocked the old part of the house down!

Thank goodness for lovely neighbours with nice showers ... I do have another hot water system at an outside shed, but it is complete unworkable to have a shower with (the nice neighbours really don't need to be tortured THAT much!).

The builder was over on Monday - trying to do the sell job on the portable ensuite idea. I said not unless he built me a heated walkway between the house and the portable thing ......... ummm ... perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut. He's now proposing closing off the front veranda and sticking it at the end of that ... my heated walkway! I suppose I could just cope with it .. he says it would only be for a couple of weeks ;-) .... I'm not quite that gullible!! I know a couple of weeks really means a couple of months!

The big hold up at the moment ... it that they still don't have a building permit ... they can't get a building permit until they get a septic permit, they can't get the septic permit because the architect too so long to put it in ... it could be another 3 weeks!! grumble grumble

Builder said they can't touch anything more because they've pushed the boundaries of what they can do. The garage was done on a separate permit so that's OK, the veranda they could work on because it is exsiting ... but they are at a standstill until they can get the building permit. Apparently everyone is lined up ready to go ... just waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment