Thursday, June 4, 2009

Outside bathroom - in winter?! no way!

I had a feeeeeliingg that the builder was working up to this, I just had that niggling suspicion from the way I've seen things being done outside ... and yup ... today I got the phone call ... would I mind if they did it ALL at once vs the stages (as set out in the contract)?!!

The ensuite was to be completed first, then the rest of the back (with existing bathroom etc) taken off. Meaning I could live in the house with no major problems (can cope without a kitchen but not a bathroom), cats could have their outside enclosure for THEIR toilet access. All happy and nice-ish for me!

It was all discussed early on - all OKed ... I knew it was harder for them to do it that way ... but everyone in the planning stage was all happy about it. "No problems" ... and if the builder was Australian I'm sure there would have been a "she'll be right love"!!

He's going to come and discuss it again over the weekend ... but I can't see that a weekend with thunderstorms forecast, is going to help me change my mind. He's trying to sell me on one of those all in one portable ensuites - in the garage ... but I am NOT going to walk 20m to the toilet, in the dark, rain and mud, dodging building and holes - when it is 5 degC or less outside! Fair enough if it wasn't discussed before, fair enough if it wasn't specifically stated in the contract ... I'm being as flexible as I can about everything else ... but I'm not flexing on this!

As for progress on site: came home last night to discover the lawn ripped up ... which I've been expecting and don't really care about. The drive way is all mud too! They had the excavator in to clear the site - would love to know what this actually looks like, but I couldn't see anything in the dark in the morning or night. They also covered up the exposed wall from the day before with plastic (phew - was a bit worried about the wood getting wet).

Hopefully on the weekend I should be able to get some new photos ... and I'll be able to walk out the area of where it is all going. I still haven't quite got in my head how far out it is extending.

No comments:

Post a Comment