Monday, June 1, 2009

Poor mouse is wondering where the kitchen went!

So there has been a mouse in my kitchen for the last couple of weeks ... the cats have had great fun trying to get it out (they probably brought it in in the first place, entertainment when bored whilst I'm at work). After last night, mousie is going to be wondering where the kitchen went!! Totally cleared out! Nothing to find at all!! A mouse could hardly expect that the nice kitchen they've taken up residence in, would disappear in an afternoon.

(OK, so maybe a good clean out would have been just as much help as a new kitchen!! And I did take the messy photo when it was truly awful!! Just so I could remember how I sometimes lived!)

I'm a bit surprised I actually managed it ... it seemed an unending job - MORE cupboards full of stuff, and this is from a tiny kitchen. Imagine what I'll be able to keep in my new BIG kitchen!!! At least in the new kitchen things will be on display more, so no back of cupboard hiding of things. I still think I could live off my cupboards for weeks. I was quite strict in what I threw out - anything that wasn't going to be used and would be past its use-by date within a couple of months - in the bin! I probably could have been even stricter - but it was hard to throw out things that were still good. When it all goes back into the new kitchen, I'll throw them then.

Amazing to believe that next time I have a kitchen it will have a stunning stove, a huge pantry, zillions of draws and a purdy kitchen bench! It's only a couple of months away!!

I'll have to keep reminding myself of that, as I live in my spare bedroom! I think I'm going to miss the kitchen sink the most. I'm not a great washer-upper-er ... and if it is that much harder to do and I've only got the bathroom basin, that's going to be VERY unpleasant. Might have to be very slack and use plastics and throw occasionally!

Last week the architect finally got the ensuite plans complete ... here they are! Not quite sure where I'm going to find the minature towel rail on the plan!! Especially since I'll need to fit in a light switch there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment