Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hot showers are such wonderful things!

Obviously this house renovation is going to make me appreciate the simple things in life ... hot showers!! ahhhh!!! The builder organised for the electrician to check out the hot water heater ... yay ... it isn't dead!! Just a blown thingamagigiy element thing ... all fixed! Phew! Looks like the hot water system has a little bit more time in it.

Builder has come up with a new idea for the ensuite/bathroom timing issue - which just happens to be my old idea ... shhhh! They are going back to the original plan - build the ensuite first ... no outside bathroom for me! It will require a day or so when I might have to find alternative bathroom arrangements - as they'll completely construct the ensuite, but not be able to connect it to the new septic until they destroy the lean-to part of the house. They can have everything installed etc, just not connected ... which should mean minimal distruption to me! What a clever idea!

Last night I got home to find they're ready to lay the concrete for the ensuite ... and the builder has said it should only take two weeks for it to be entirely tiled etc - better stop putting off those final decisions on heated towel rails and showerheads!

People keep asking me if it is freezing cold in my house at the moment ... interestingly it is not too bad. Before it was nearly impossible to heat my living area ... but now I'm only living in two rooms (two of the bedrooms) they are pretty easy to heat and keep warm. It's actually probably warmer than last winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment